8th May Club Newsletter
It has been great, over the last two weeks to see all our young athletes back training and having fun. A special welcome to our new members and new coaches too! A big thank you to all parents for your continued support for the club and your child(ren)’s involvement in the sport of athletics.
We have pulled together some key dates including exciting news of our first Summer camp! There is also some key club information on kit, GDPR and our club Golden Rules.
Sinéad Galvin (Clongriffin AC Chair)
Training Dates: Every Wednesday 18:30-19:30 in Fr. Collin’s Park until Wednesday 30th June: All groups
DNA (intra club/inter club competition): Every Sunday 10:00-11:00 in Fr. Collin’s Park until Sunday 20th June: Academy, Development and Pre-Performance Groups. For more information click here.
Training Groups Explained: We operate on the best practice of long-term athlete development with a strong focus on Fundamentals of agility, balance, and co-ordination. We build in speed and technical work through fun drills and games. Below are the typical split ages in our training groups. In some cases, children may prefer not to move up an age and/or we facilitate friends staying together (especially new members) to ensure a positive training experience. In September, the older athletes in each group will move up a group.
- Little Athletics: 6-7 years of age/Coaches Conor & Lynne
- Academy: 7-9 year of age/ Coaches Erika, Kieran, Dan & Colette
- Development: 9-11 years of age/ Coaches Marie, Sinéad, Clint & Stephen
- Pre-performance: 12 + / Coaches Rachel & Cliodhna
Head Coach: Jeremy Lyons / Child Officer: Laura Cullen
Club Sunday Funday: Save the date Sunday 27th of June 10:00-11:30 for a Sunday Funday for all training groups and parent(s) in Fr.Collins Park before the children break for summer holidays the following week.
- We are delighted to announce that we can hold a three (3) day Athletics Summer Camps at the track in Morton Stadium, Santry for club members only from Wednesday 28th July to Friday 30th July from 09:30-13:30.
- The cost will be €30 per child, all attendees will also receive a Clongriffin AC t-shirt! We are heavily subsidising the hire of the track to keep the cost as low as possible.
- We do need to reach a minimum attendance for this to go ahead. If could please register your interest here.
- Details of payment will be issued once we establish level of interes,t with payment needed two (2) weeks in advance Wednesday 14th of July.
Athletics Ireland is working towards a roadmap to return to competition by Monday 7th of June. Below are the dates for the Dublin Championships. Specific timetable/ events will be issued closer to the time by Dublin County Board.
- Dublin Championships aged U14-U19: July Fri 15th /Sat 16th /Sun18th
- Dublin Championships U12 & U13: July Fri 23rd/Sat 24th/Sun 25th
- Dublin Championships U9/10/11 teams & relays: July Fri 23rd/Sat 24th/ Sun 25th
Competition Age Categories Explainer
- U9: under the age of 9, born in 2013, already 8 or will be turning 8 in 2021.
- U10: under the age of 10, born in 2012, already 9 or will be turning 9 in 2021.
- U11: under the age of 11, born in 2011, already 10 or will be turning 10 in 2021.
- U12: under the age of 12, born in 2010, already 11 or will be turning 11 in 2021.
- U13: under the age of 13, born in 2009, already 12 or will be turning 12 in 2021.
- U14: under the age of 14, born in 2008, already 13 or will be turning 13 in 2021.
- U15: under the age of 15, born in 2007, already 14 or will be turning 14 in 2021.
KEY CLUB INFORMATION
Club Kit Ordering Forms: Many of you may have already received a form from Erika at training last week (manages the sign in of athletes each Wednesday at training). For those who have not please pick one up from her at training next week. The deadline for the next order is Wednesday 19th May. You can order zip-up tops and racing vests (needed for competition). Zip-up tops ages 5-11 are €31.50/13+ €38.50. Vests ages 5-11 are €20/ 13+€25. More information here.
Waiting List: We have had a great interest in the club and currently have a waiting list in place and will not be able to take in new members until September. If know others who would like their child to be added to the list, they need to complete the form here. For parents who would like to get involved in coaching this could help in securing a place for their child earlier and should be included in the form.
GDPR: Each year we need parents to complete the Clongriffin Athletic Club Data Protection & GDPR form. Please find form here.
Golden Rules: Our priority is that all members have fun and enjoy being a member of Clongriffin A.C. and have a set of golden rules as well a more detailed athlete code of conduct.
- We have Fun
- We try our Best
- We are Kind to others
- We Listen to our coaches
- We Love to compete